Recently, one of my developers wanted to push an internal app to our supervised devices through AirWatch. Upon uploading the .ipa file, however, I encountered an error ‘rad’ which didn’t make any sense to me at all.
My developer insisted that she was able to ‘side-load’ the app using Xcode by following the steps below without any issue:
- Connect your device
- Open Xcode
- Open Window Tab
- Select Devices and Simulator
- Drag and drop the ipa file to the installed app section for your device
I then reached out to VMware technical support and thankfully they discovered that:
- There is a picture, which is actually used as a logo for the ipa file.
- The name of the picture was something like NAME(space)APP(space)something else.
- The expected way to name the logo picture should be without any spaces like nameapp.
I then relayed the info to my developer. After she changed the icon name within the code and regenerated the IPA file, I was able to upload and install it on a supervised device without any further issue.