Post created based on AirWatch console version 9.1.1.
Depending on your business or security requirement, you may want to restrict the SSID your mobile device can connect to via Wi-Fi. This can be easily accomplished with a custom profile in VMware AirWatch console.
Here is the complete list of steps to take:
- Log onto AirWatch console
- Under DEVICES -> Profiles & Resources -> Profiles, click ADD -> Add Profile
- Select the applicable platform. For this example, we select iOS.
- Fill out both the General and Wi-Fi sections accordingly.
- Scroll down to Custom Settings and click on the Configure button
- Copy and paste the text below. Then click Save & Publish
Once this takes effect, the user will see the below when attempting to connect to different SSID other than the one configured.
I hope you find this post useful!